Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Need Help Fast!

Dear Friends:

I have two small windows of time between now and Thursday to produce the
office birthday cake of the month. I'm fine with the cake, but it isn't
big enough. So last night I made brownies that I was going to freeze
until Thursday.

Unfortunately, the brownies came out very dry. My usual recipe and they
never failed before! But then, I have a reputation for drying out baked
goods.

Anyway, I cannot throw out this beautiful pan of brownies. How can I
make it into a bread pudding like affair? Like crumble the brownies up
and add....what?

Counting on your help!

Love, Linda

--
Linda Kluz
Communications Coordinator
Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies
Harvard University
1730 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
617-495-0711

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm.... here's a link to recipe for Pain-au-Chocolat pudding (using stale chocolate croissants). I think that it would provide you with a good starting point. Basically, you are making an eggy custard or pudding and studding it with brownie.

    Another idea is to convert it to a trifle, layering crumbled brownies, pudding and whipped creme. Maybe soaking the brownies in a splash of Kahlua or other dessert-type liquor. That Godiva white chocolate stuff in your cabinet would be pretty amazing with them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooops - here's the link:

    http://grevillea.wordpress.com/2007/12/16/making-pain-au-chocolat-pudding/

    ReplyDelete