Thursday, November 5, 2009

My first attempt at becoming a blogger

I appreciate the opportunity to learn about blogging. It does seem to be a great way to keep in touch. I was in Maine with seven other women (including Aunt Sally and her sister Jane) this weekend. We had some wonderful food; namely, Aunt Sally's pumpkin roll, her datenut bread and her molassas cookies (does this thing do spell check I hope) and Jane made the very best gormet gorpe I have ever had. As soon as Jane gives me the recipe, I will pass it on. Aunt Sally should put up the recipe for the molasses cookies (I'll just spell every different way I can think of) and the pumpkin roll.

Love to you all!
Linda K

5 comments:

  1. Yay! A post from someone other than me! Welcome on-board.

    I just got another fabulous molasses cookie recipe too - we could do an all molasses cookie page. They are my quintessential favorite homemade cookie --- when they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps... I have no idea why I am showing up as "et all" when I should be saucy sal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh...new posts. Wow this thing is catching on. Blogger does have spell check, thank goodness.

    Funny thing about molasses. Paul and I were talking one morning and he was like "what's in molasses?" and I was like "jeez, I dunno, I'll have to find out."

    We had a jar in the pantry. It turns out the only ingredient in molasses is well, molasses. And I call myself smart sometimes. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cooked sugar-cane (or sugar beet) byproduct, isn't it? Like white sugar is the same thing as brown sugar but WITHOUT the molasses?

    ReplyDelete
  5. here it is:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses

    ReplyDelete